Thursday, September 4, 2014

Home

Who I am is 
I am blonde 
I am tall
I am green eyed
I am shy, quiet, and reserved.

I am from a loud, prideful family. (my dad's side that is)
I like to think its a cultural thing, you know, 
the way you're supposed to act, talk, listen and care about what everyone else thinks. 

I grew up in the same, boring place, Norwalk, Connecticut. 
My neighborhood was quiet. 
The old man across the street, John, would yell every morning when left my house,
"Hey Savan (he never did say my full pronounced name), How are ya?" 
and I would reply "fine how're you?" 
and then I would continue my way into the car. 
And when i would return the same conversation would happen, 
"How are ya Savan?" except maybe he would add something like "I made ya swedish pancakes" or "I made my famous chili". 

That's how the neighborhood was, and then of course there is my moms best friend that lives down the street. 
A second mother to me. 
Mind you they're clones of each other,
who mother me like crazy. 
Our families have somehow grown into one, 
where we rely on each other for rides or advice or maybe even a pair of shoes to match with a certain dress, we raid each other's closets....basically I have many closets to choose from. 

My dad always worked from the day I turned four he was always at the Fire Department. 
And thats how I gained yet another extended family. 
Being the daughter of a firefighter has its pros and cons.
On one hand I have security and connections to people that would help me.
On another hand I can't go anywhere without someone recognizing me. 
I could walk into the store and be sure to run into another firefighter or
Run into a cop my dad is friends with, who patrols the Mcmahon football games. 
Being that my dad is always out of the house, protecting the city, 
it left me, my mom, and my annoying little brother, who i wouldn't trade for the world, 
alone. 

So that is my life in a nut shell. 




2 comments:

  1. Overall this was great! I liked how you talked about your family more than a specific location because family defines you, location doesn't. When you mentioned being the daughter of a firefighter that was interesting because I got to see your personal perspective. Also the neighbor part added humor which was a good addition. I also agree with you on how Norwalk is boring and that adds insight on how another person my age feels the same way. Overall, great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be very interesting and swagful. I like how you provided a description of yourself to show how you fit in the place you're from with the people you live with. I liked the part where you wrote about how you can't go anywhere without being recognized. You must feel pretty popular. I see what you mean by saying Norwalk is boring. Everything is usually the same here.

    ReplyDelete